Why would you want to consider having professional maternity photos taken? I mean, you're probably uncomfortable, you may not feel your best physically, maybe you're tired and it's becoming more difficult to move around, and the baby isn't here yet to show off. All probably true. But, have you considered the positive reasons for why you might want to do it? Here are a few reasons to think about...
* It's a special time to celebrate- Any celebration is a good reason to have photos taken so you can remember how excited you were.
* It's "nesting" time- There's so much that goes into the preparations for a new baby on the way, but having photos made is one of the fun things to do.
* This is a rare time in your life when your body will be very different than it ever has been, and will be in the future- Have it documented! Some pregnant women feel big and gross, and others feel sexy with their growing baby bellies. Regardless of how you feel, if you have the right photographer, they can make you look great, and feel good about it!
* This may be your last chance (for awhile) to have couple portraits or individual portraits of just yourself made- Lets face it, all of your professional photos for the next 18 years will probably be family portraits including the kids.
* Use the photo session as a time to connect with your partner- The hour or two you will spend together with your photographer should be fun, stress-free, and a great time to connect with your partner and your baby.
* You can actually use the photos for things other than to frame on your wall- Put them on your baby shower invites, for a display at the shower, or on thank you cards. Plus, they will be a great addition to a baby book! In addition to your ultrasound images, baby shower invite, birth certificate or hospital cards, and of course baby photos and first year milestones, you'll want to include your maternity photos, and pictures of the nursery.